Getting more analytical in your approach to retaining talent
Listen to this 15-minute podcast to learn how better data quality and analysis can help you keep your best employees.
Published by Orgvue
Home > Resources > podcast > Getting more analytical in your approach to retaining talent
Most organizations invest more than 90% of their HR budget in operational activities and only 10% in data and planning. And too many CEOs make big decisions based on HR data alone. If the last 18 months has shown us anything, it’s that organizations can’t stand still if they want to stay successful. Companies need to continuously adapt and evolve.
Listen to the podcast
Recorded on October 6th, 2021
In this episode of the People and Performance Podcast, our CEO Rupert Morrison joins Bill Banham and Chris Bjorling to discuss why and how organizational planning and analysis keeps businesses agile and ready to grow in sustainable ways. Rupert shares findings that show a 2-fold increase in productivity when organizations invest adequately in workforce planning.
Design for disruption and turn it into a competitive advantage
The current method of organizational design is falling behind the needs of the modern-day workplace. This is made all the more urgent because employees are on the move. It’s time to get more analytical in your approach to retaining your high-performing employees, so you can ride out the ‘great resignation’.
Rupert believes the current mindset in many boardrooms needs to change if organizations want to be “forward-proof and prosperous.” It’s not easy to change an organization’s vision and practices but it can really pay off and give you a competitive advantage.
This podcast will cover the following discussion points:
- What is organizational planning and analysis and why does it matter more now than ever?
- What are the reasons businesses don’t fully understand the work their employees do and the outcomes they achieve?
- What can HR leaders can do to improve data capture and integration with performance management, feedback and learning and development technologies?
- What savings from productivity improvements can companies that continuously invest in workforce planning expect compared to those that don’t?
- Why are some organizations dragging their heels when it comes to making data the foundation for planning their business strategy?
The People and Performance Podcast gives insights into the strategic competencies, behaviors and results needed to increase employee performance. From recruitment, onboarding and all the way to succession planning, each episode takes a deep dive into the stages of workforce planning you need to master in order to guarantee long-term success in a rapidly changing world of work.