Organizational design software
Orgvue’s organizational design software allows you to analyze your workforce, quickly model changes, and implement a plan whenever your business needs it. It helps you overcome all your data challenges, so you can not only confidently pivot in times of uncertainty, but also future-proof your business.
The organizational design software you need to design a thriving workforce
While planning the future of the workforce has become crucial for businesses to thrive, many are still struggling with complex data, disconnected workstreams, and a lack of processes to make informed decisions and track their progress.
What is organizational design software?
An Organizational design software enables business leaders to shape their organization to better achieve its business strategy, by aligning its people and the skills they have with the work they do. It streamlines the process of creating and managing the structure and design by being data-driven, providing visual representations, fostering alignment and collaboration, and supporting agility and flexibility. Ultimately, they’re about optimizing the structure of the organization, enhancing communication and coordination, and driving efficiency and effectiveness.
Why do businesses need an organizational design software?
An organizational design software allows businesses to streamline the process of creating and managing their structure, ensuring optimal efficiency and scalability. It might sound like a given, but most organizations struggle with multiple aspects of organization design, from understanding the current state to planning the future of their workforce, especially when done at scale.
Having the right organization design software could allow them to:
- Plan strategically and around business needs, rather than people and politics, and prioritize long-term business perform
- Adopt a data-driven approach, and bringing all necessary data sources together to be able to see the business clearly, and plan with confidence
- Implement the right design processes, and look beyond the structure and org charts to understand how different areas of the business fit together
- Be more adaptable and make fast data-driven decisions – businesses today operate in a constantly changing environment, and the need to make changes to the workforce faster and more often means they must have the technology, knowledge, and skills to make fast, informed and data-driven decisions at all time
Orgvue’s organizational design software
Orgvue is the organizational design and workforce planning platform of choice for businesses that strive to continuously evolve. The platform allows you to analyze, design, plan and monitor your workforce, so you can:
Visualize and understand your organization
Regardless of how complex the data might be, know where you stand, spot trends and capitalize on opportunities.
Quickly and easily model your workforce
Design around business needs, using advanced visuals and an intuitive interface.
Share compelling visuals with stakeholders
Quickly and easily engage your business around the changes you’ve made.
Track and monitor your design changes
When implementing your plan track progress, spot opportunities and course-correct initiatives.
Why it works
In order to run their business effectively, organizations need two types of systems:
- Systems of recordHRIS, FPA tools, Talent marketplace, etc. These enable you to operate your organization as it is today but do not have advanced organization design capabilities.
- Systems of designThese are organization design softwares which give you the flexibility to reimagine your workforce, model possible futures, and see their financial implication on your business. Orgvue is a system of design.
How it works
Pull data from your systems of record into Orgvue, clean it, visualize it, and use it to design the future of your workforce based on your business needs. Once a new design is approved, return the updated data to its original source and action your plan.
Find out how Orgvue’s organizational design software can help you design for your future
How Orgvue’s organizational design software helps
Visualize movement over time
Cleaning and organizing your data in Orgvue, then linking and bringing it to life through interactive visualizations enables you to reach a remarkable depth of analysis into the causal relationships that truly explain how your business operates.
For example, you’ll be able to identify connections between individual performance and business objectives. You’ll be able to understand whether an employee would benefit from specific training, whether they’re overloaded with work, or whether a change of manager has affected performance. These findings give you actionable insight to make changes with confidence.
Using Orgvue to visualize the different departments
Using Orgvue to understand and analyze activities across the organization
Orgvue helps you to understand your business
With Orgvue, it’s simple to bring data from disparate systems in dispersed locations into one place to create a single source of truth, so you can see your organization how it truly is.
- Gather your data in one place, whether from your HR system, financial systems, skills or activity data, business data and more. Orgvue’s drag-and-drop functionality allows you to easily clean your data to remove errors and inconsistencies.
- Use Orgvue’s pre-built set of ‘solution packs’ to reveal insights about the current state of your business at the top level and granular level.
- Quickly and easily switch between graph types to look at your data from different angles.
- Color-code your data using key metrics such as location, department, gender, preferences, skills, and many more.
- Share your findings with stakeholders by exporting visuals straight to Microsoft PowerPoint and tell your organization’s story in the terms they respond to best.
Orgvue helps you explore your business
Orgvue’s pre-built packs of visualizations help you look in detail at specific areas of your business and overall organizational health. You’ll be able to look at key metrics like:
- Spans and layers
- Age and tenure composition
- Organizational dimension
- Gender diversity
- Ethnic diversity
- Reliance on contractors and part-time workers
Answer questions such as:
- How many layers does my organization have?
- Is it in line with my design principles?
- Are my teams overall the size that I want them to be?
- Are higher grades reporting into lower grades?
- And does that make sense for my org productivity?
Easily model your future organization in Orgvue
Orgvue helps you to model your future business
Drag and drop
Use Orgvue’s drag-and-drop functionality in solution packs to understand how different scenarios would affect your business, so you can model your future organization with confidence.
Answer key questions such as:
- What if I relocated a team from the US to India?
- What if my whole workforce went remote?
- What if I wanted to cut costs from a specific department?
- What would be the cost impact of going from a regional to a centralized marketing team?
- What if I outsourced my whole creative team?
- What would happen to my available talent pool if I took geography out of the equation?
Organizational design software customer story
Using Orgvue, this FMCG company drives more effective resource allocation to reduce operating costs and drive growth.
Organization design self assessment
In only one minute see your company’s capability compared with our industry benchmark in your free report with hints, tips, and recommended next steps.
Organizational design software
Planning and visualizing the future of the workforce is becoming crucial for businesses to thrive. Read the Organizational Design Solution Brief to learn how Orgvue can help you to model your organization, assess the impact and design with confidence.
- 3 key challenges of organizational design you will need to overcome.
- A SaaS platform that changes everything – and how
- A customer story of successful organizational design with Orgvue
Frequently asked questions
Whether you’re looking to design your organization as a one-off (for example as part of a big transformation) or on a continuous basis, you need a software that gives you the possibility to:
1) Connect all your data (e.g. headcount, FTE, payroll, skills), to visualize and truly understand your organization.
2) Increase your flexibility and agility to model, make changes to your workforce by asking ‘what if’ questions, and play around with scenarios that you can then show to stakeholders.
3) Model strategically by going beyond just people and positions, and incorporate key organizational dimensions like the work that needs to be done, skills, activity, role fit, diversity metrics, and other metrics of choice.
4) Monitor your progress over time, to make sure that you’re implementing your plan and hold people accountable for deviations
Yes you can import your current organizational chart into the software, group it with other data you might have, like activity, skills, payroll, performance, tenure, and so much more, and use it to model changes in your business.
There are 2 important steps that allow you to build a consolidated and trusted data foundation before starting your design work: Importing your data from multiple platforms and consolidating it.
1) Importing: you can import data from multiple systems, such as your HCM, financial systems, skills data, activity, performance, people analytics, and much more. Data can either be imported as a one-off (an example would be spreadsheets), or using APIs to have a regular and automated movement of data between Orgvue and other systems – so the data goes into Orgvue, gets changes in Orgvue, and then gets updated in your source system.
2) Consolidating: If you bring data together from multiple systems and multiple markets, the chances are it won’t be aligned – meaning fields will be named differently, and you might have gaps that will make your data messy. Orgvue allows you to clean that data on the spot – for example merging the fields ‘Woman’ and ‘Female’ – and automatically visualize this across the organization. You will also be able to reflect the changes in your source systems.
Orgvue is a system of design, and it can connect with your systems of record (HR platforms, finance platforms, talent marketplace, etc.) by using APIs. Leveraging these will enable you to have fast and automated movements of data between these data sources and Orgvue, and allow near real-time synchronization of data.
An organization design software takes the heavy lifting out of a traditionally cumbersome, spreadsheet intensive and complicated process. Technology brings advanced automation and best practice processes, with great control over data and process governance. A good organization design software should provide your business with:
– Centralized and trusted data
– High visibility on the workforce
– Advanced modeling capabilities
– Alignment across the business
– Accelerated organizational design process and minimized risk
– Improved internal capability and increased agility
Yes, as workforce planning and Organizational Design teams increasingly overlap, you should look for software that can address the needs of both disciplines from a single data source. Particularly when both need to model or plan across roles, positions , people, activities or work needing to be done, skills and cost analyses.
By leveraging APIs built into the platform you can create automated updates between systems of design like organizational design software and systems of record like HR information systems. But, organizational design often needs you to model multiple ‘what if scenarios’ over time before settling on a plan. So working from a snapshot of data without having that data continuously amended by real time updates can be preferable. The key is to select organizational design software that can operate separately from the system of record and also synchronize data as often as you choose.
Book your free demo
Design your business of tomorrow, today. Discover what Orgvue can do for your organization first-hand.