Tracking and monitoring
Keep an immediate, clear and actionable line of sight on your progress and connect it to your business objectives.
Tracking KPIs and monitoring your progress is crucial to achieving your business objectives.
Whether you’re reporting on a change program, delivering the value of a merger or implementing a new workforce plan, tracking and monitoring is key. In fact, more than 80% of transformations are unsuccessful, partly because of a lack of continuous monitoring.
So, how do you make sure you always have the answer to questions such as:
- Are we closer to our vision?
- Which people or positions have been added, removed or changed?
- Is our organization’s future aligned with its business strategy?
Perhaps what you measure is what you get. More likely, what you measure is all you’ll get.
H. Thomas Johnson
Take advantage of Orgvue’s expertise and best practice
Orgvue provides you with the technology to collect data, visualize it, and understand what’s happening in your business, allowing you to quickly and efficiently track progress against early assumptions. It connects data at various points with pre-defined targets, so you can spot opportunities and course-correct initiatives in-flight. It also connects your plan with a detailed, position-level design.
This gives you the ability to:
- Make a detailed plan in Orgvue
- Use that to implement in a core system
- Track the implementation of the plan
- Compare actual headcount/cost against the planned at a point in time
- Course-correct by refining the design based on a deviation, all in one single place
Track progress against objectives
Compare actuals against budgets automatically calculate deviations. This can help identify when and where leaders are off-plan. Use forecasted changes to understand the future state impact of upcoming plans, and drill into the detailed breakdowns by month, quarter, or year, and get insight into why or where you’re off plan
Understand the different reasons the headcount and cost shift month over month, and locate the changes
Understand what’s causing shifts month over month
Visualizing net change, by month and department, can help understand high turnover or high growth areas. Understand how internal mobility might be affecting budget: For example, hiring or moving internally can be lower cost than hiring externally. You’ll also be able to see the headcount and cost impacts of hiring, in aggregate and by department/cost center
View breakdowns by headcount and costTrack movement across the business
Visualize historic trends and get insight into where to focus next. Understand what deviations are driven by either headcount or cost (or both), and in which areas of the organization. You’ll know exactly what you can do course-correct: for example, under-budget areas may be struggling to hire, while over-budget areas may need more governance on spend
Using Orgvue to track against targets and see cost reduction over time
Cost savings tracked in real time.
150 business partners collaborating on Orgvue.
Records managed in one view of the global program.
We needed a system to show how our 150 HR business partners in 30+ countries were doing against the targets in their areas.
CFO, Leading global manufacturer
- Reduce costs by $300m through a global workforce restructure
- Track the benefit of synergies and talent decisions in real time
- Enable visibility and transparency of governance and control
- Enable HR and Finance to speak a common language that will improve collaboration
- Made use of the workforce plan built previously
- Replaced regional Excel-based monitoring with a universal view and visually engaging reports
- Monitored plans centrally against one dataset with organization-wide accessibility and regional views
- Tracked and monitored the organizational system to show progress against targets and gaps in performance
Tracking and monitoring
Learn more about how Orgvue can help you to monitor your business over time, from data to design to delivery and back again.
- Connect data at various points in time with predefined targets, so you can spot opportunities and course correct initiatives in flight.
- Report on metrics such as cost, headcount and full time equivalent
- Drill into position or person level detail
- A real customer story of tracking and monitoring
Book your free demo
Design your business of tomorrow, today. Discover what Orgvue can do for your organization first-hand.