AI and workforce transformation
Redefining the work and skills required for your business to thrive.
The changing nature of work
AI is impacting businesses everywhere and organizations are rethinking the way work is being done. Businesses need to think productivity, innovation and agility. It’s not only about changing the organizational structure; it’s also how they deal with continuous change that requires fast workforce redesign, and adaptability.
Many organizations believe the answer to successfully navigating these changes is to introduce AI into the organization. But before they do, business leaders need to ask themselves: How will these technologies affect the workforce? Will they displace or augment the work people do? And how will they transform work and skills in the future?
of white-collar work includes tasks performed by AI today
World Economic Forum
of all working hours will be revolutionized by AI in the next decade
enterprise applications will have AI built in by 2024
Challenges organizations face from AI
AI is driving technological, social, and economic change and organizations are under pressure to rethink their workforce quickly. At the same time, change fatigue is high among employees and managing future changes in a less disruptive way will be important.
The journey presents its own challenges. Some of the most common ones are:
- Organizational visibility: How can you gather and visualize data effectively?
- Skills gap: Do your employees have the right skills to optimize use of AI?
- Training and upskilling: What strategy can you put in place to bridge the gaps?
- Change fatigue management: How can you transform the workforce with minimal disruption?
- Risk and security: Do you have the right processes to protect your organization?
Orgvue is an organizational design and planning platform that enables you to quickly merge and visualize data, break down the work that people do, then model future scenarios to enable successful workforce transformation. AI is changing the work people do, and by analyzing work and skills as the basis for organizational redesign, Orgvue is particularly suited to transformations in the age of AI.
Orgvue helps businesses prepare continuously for the future. The most successful companies are building change capabilities through centers of excellence that are focused on moving work around rather than people. This enables a continuous and less disruptive transformation process, helping you retain talent through upskilling and role redesign.
Why it works
Orgvue allows you to analyze, design, plan, and monitor your workforce, and gives you control through people-centric transformation and data-driven risk management. It allows you to identify how AI will affect jobs – whether they’re displaced, created or augmented – so you can model and plan accordingly.
- Centralized and trusted workforce data
- High visibility on workforce activities and skills, and more, and reveal AI-supported work
- Advanced modeling capabilities – from prioritization of work, to automation, upskilling or reskilling
- Accelerated transformation and minimized risk
- Ability to adapt through increased organizational agility
- Ongoing tracking and monitoring
- Interconnected ecosystem with APIs and connectors
How Orgvue works
Orgvue allows you to move beyond organizing your workforce based solely on headcount and roles. Instead, focus on different elements of the workforce ecosystem, such as work, activities, skills and competencies.
Understand how work is being done and identify your next steps:
- Link people data to activity data and build an activity taxonomy
- See the cost and effort of each activity as well as who’s doing it
- Reveal opportunities to replace human effort with AI for routine, repetitive work
- Highlight where automation or AI can augment human work
- Understand how productively work is being done and whether it could be automated, consolidated, or centralized
Skills and competency analysis
Baseline the skills you have today, the ones you’ll need tomorrow, and how your talent needs may change as you bring in AI:
- Once you understand the detail behind the work, start assessing your current workforce demand and supply
- Model and assess scenarios to see whether work is better done by humans, machines, or both
- Understand where there’s scope for upskilling to prompt and validate the work being done by AI
- Integrate AI and automation into your future workforce by automating, centralizing, or redesigning roles
- Instantly see the financial impact on your business
AI and cognitive technology
Artificial intelligence and other cognitive technologies are impacting organizations everywhere and business leaders need to reconsider how work is done on a regular basis. Not only will these technologies transform how businesses organize themselves, but they will also accelerate the pace of change.
Read our latest solution brief and learn more about how we can help you with:
- Understanding the work your organization does through activity analysis
- Modeling your future skills demand
- Introducing AI to close talent gaps
Book your free demo
Design your business of tomorrow, today. Discover what Orgvue can do for your organization first-hand.