Merging two global media organizations customer story
Two large media organizations successfully go through one of the most complicated acquisitions in history
Using Orgvue for mergers & acquisitions
The two large organizations needed to assess and re-deploy 200,000 employees in a new single structure, and used Orgvue to do that successfully.
They brought both companies’ data into Orgvue from multiple systems and markets. Once they had integrated and centralized that data using the platform, they trained a group of 60 people to design teams securely on different workstreams before merging it in a single view. Instead of spreadsheets, they used Orgvue for the talent selection process as well, by dragging and dropping people into talent pools and confirming the right person for the right role, in a safe, controlled and fast environment.
One of the largest most complicated acquisitions in history.
More than two hundred thousand employees assessed and re-deployed in the new structure.
More than sixty upskilled internal employees to run the process.
The process was complex, mostly because of the large volume of data and the sheer number of stakeholders involved … but we managed to get it done quickly, securely and risk-free
VP Organizational Design
- To successfully merge two global media companies following a $70Bn acquisition.
- To build the new organization structure and transition to the new model while minimizing cost and reliance on third parties.
- Integrated and centralized data from both entities securely into Orgvue.
- Built the new organization design in Orgvue, and allocated 200K+ employees to positions based on data such as skills and competencies.
- Set up a distributed execution model across HR leaders to ensure a consistent approach across the business.
- Trained a center of excellence team of 60+ people to manage the process and monitor progress.
Mergers & acquisitions
Read our latest solution brief and discover how Orgvue can help realize M&A value through data-driven decision making. Find out how Orgvue can help you to:
- create a secure single source of harmonized data which can be accessed by multiple teams
- model org structures, identify synergies using visualization and automation to address data inconsistencies
- map talent to your future organization, so planners can make informed decisions based on advanced criteria such as skills, financial planning, regulatory compliance, and the desire for hybrid working.
Discover Orgvue for mergers and acquisitions.
Book your free demo
Design your business of tomorrow, today. Discover what Orgvue can do for your organization first-hand.